Sunday, September 7, 2014

Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins

This is my first time making GF muffins and I relied heavily on the Food.com recipe for Bisquick Blueberry Muffins. I also used Carol Fenster's Sorghum Flour Blend, but ran out of sorghum, and replaced with brown rice flour.


GF Blueberry Muffins

2 c Carol Fenster's Sorghum Flour Blend (sub'd some brown rice flour for the sorghum flour)
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/3 c sugar
2/3 c warm or hot milk, 1-2 minutes in microwave
2 T oil (butter may give a better flavor)
1 beaten egg
3/4 c fresh or frozen blueberries






1. Make the flour mixture, and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2. Mix all ingredients together, except for the blueberries.

3. Fold in blueberries, aiming for marbling.

4. Bake for 13-18 minutes at 400 degrees.

I hope you enjoy these. Let me know what you think!

More pics, below.







No comments:

Post a Comment