Saturday, August 9, 2014

Copycat Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte

Microwave version...

Yeah, I didn't feel like slaving over a stove, so I threw together some ingredients that I got from another page I cannot find, put them in the microwave, and had a delicious hot drink when I got done! It wasn't the perfection of a $5 Cinnamon Dolce Latte from Starbucks, which I had made with soy milk, but it was close enough that it satisfied my craving and pleased my daughter, too.

You'll need:

Cinnamon Dolce Latte syrup
Steamed milk (I used regular cow's milk, not the soy variety and don't know how this would work in the microwave)
Hot coffee (I don't like to have too much caffeine, so I used decaf)
Whipped cream and cinnamon sugar, for topping, if desired

I put 1 c water for the coffee in for 1.5 minutes, but it was the last thing I made. To retain its heat, you may want to make it after the syrup and put it in for 2 minutes.

Make the steamed milk last, and put 1 c milk in for 1.5 to 2 minutes, or until frothy.

For the syrup, I stirred together:

1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 c water
1 t cinnamon (the recipe I used for reference used a cinnamon stick, but I don't know quantities)
1 thin slice of butter

I mixed it and put it all in the microwave for about 1.5 minutes.

After everything was heated, I put it all together in the same cup. It was very, very hot, so I drank it, carefully. lol

I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I think I found the original I borrowed from. http://myfrugaladventures.com/2014/01/homemade-starbucks-cinnamon-dolce-syrup-recipe-coffee-milk-pancakes-more/

    ReplyDelete