Monday, August 11, 2014

GF Biscuits

This recipe is one I developed when I had only half the amount of GF Bisquick left and wanted/needed/desired some cheddar biscuits, and needed to supplement. I also wanted to develop my own because the GF Bisquick is too sweet for some applications and too expensive.

You can use this recipe to make any kind of biscuit you want. I've even used this recipe for dumplings. I hope you enjoy!


Biscuit/Dumpling Recipe
2 cups GF flour blend (3 c white rice flour, 2/3 c potato starch, 1/3 c tapioca starch) 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum 4 teaspoons baking powder a few dashes salt and pepper half stick of butter 2 eggs Milk
1. Mix dry ingredients, until well blended.
2. Add partially melted or softened butter, until forms large crumbs.


3. Add eggs and blend well.

3. Add milk, a little at a time until a biscuit-like patty can be formed. It looks dry, still when it gets to this stage, but it glistens in smooth spots.

For dumplings: I dropped by 1/8 cupfuls, but think smaller may be better, perhaps 1 T sized balls. Next time I make these, I think I will add another 1/2 or whole teaspoon of baking powder or baking soda, and mix very thoroughly. Also, I think mine needed a little more salt and pepper to overcome the rice flavor. I intend to keep experimenting, though. Good luck! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment